Monday, April 27, 2009

hookah heaven

when things happen like they did last night are the reasons that i believe in fate. Zach, Kaleigh, Drew, and myself decided to go to this hookah bar that just opened up in castleton called cafe du memo. So we show up at like midnight, mind you it's a sunday night and we were being pretty optimistic about this place being open. So zach goes up to the door and the owner lets us in, no problem (when they should have been closed, so this guy is already on my good side.) We all sit down and to our surprise there is a 20 dollar minimum and you have to own a neato little VIP pass that costs 25 bucks. None of us are down. I only have 6 dollars and Kaleigh has 9, the other 2 are just straight up broke. Well the owner lets us smoke without the pass and cuts the tab down, I was in awe of this guys badassness. The he brings the hookah over and its like legalized marjuana, no foolies. Like I had the first three hits and my ass felt like jello. I immediately looked over at Drew and announced that I was leaving him for Hani (the owner of this nice place.) We all proceeded to get extremely relaxed and Hani came over to talk to us, I was all about this place and told him that I would totally be down to work there, except for the fact that I was in beauty school. He didnt seem to mind and completely blew my mind by saying that he would open up a salon for me to work at in Castleton. I would NOT MIND being the main stylist at a trendy new salon owned by and egyptian that could potentially be my bestfriend ever. Needless to say Zach snagged the job up fast and I did his hair to make him look posh on his first day (which was today.) I think in 70 days when I'm done with school though I'm going to try and see if I cant get a job at cafe du memo though. Its brand new, coffee shop from 6am-4pm and then a hookah bar/restaurant from 4pm-midnight. I'm in love.

On top of that I have strep throat along with everyone else that lives or frequently goes to bearhell. Fuck our lives.

No comments: