Friday, May 23, 2008

For the first time in my life i'm scared to take a step forward.

Aside from the fact that I was an hour and a half late to my own graduation it was all amazing, because the entire class of 08' cheered and screamed when I ran into the cafeteria doors half way dressing myself in my cap and gown.

The ceremony itself was boring with long drawn out speeches of things I already knew and had heard many times before, until the end. When the caps were thrown in the air and once again, I was punctual. Not because I was fashionably late, but because I stood on my chair with Ron Ron when they were presenting the entire class. Like a crazy girl.

I went out to a lovely dinner with my dad, who came into town, and saw Mark at the same resturaunt. Our waiter looked exactly like Cam.

When I arrived home, my teacher had given my mom a certificate during the ceremony for my academic achievement, apparently I got the best grade in the class. Hahaha, who knew? Not I.

I'm more proud of myself than anyone could be for me right now. Although I still see it this way, and I will say it best. I think that the past twelve years of school have been a waste of my time. I've taught myself more than any class I've ever taken. And experience is the best form of education and self-teaching is the best form of learning. I'm glad for all the people I've met and all the teachers that I've had close relationships with but, I just see it as a waste of time.

Praise growing up, and forks in the road.

No comments: