Friday, April 4, 2008

goings on.. going ons.. goings ons?




Well, I am currently back in the states. The Bahamas were, to say the least, phenominal. I will to an outline of my vacation before I catch you up on my great day in FL yesterday and not-so-great day of driving today.

3.30.08- On the first day of the cruise the only memorable moments are 1) the informal dinner in the extacy lounge and getting to know our waiter Damir. He was/is from Croatia and was the only waiter on the boat from Europe. Everyone else was Costa Rican, Asian, or American. I got the best filet mingeon and strawberry bisque. Ever. 2) I went to the singles meet and greet with no intention to meet a dude, only to make friends. I met a group of girls from southern Flordia and we hit it off. One of the girls(Hilary) complimented my peace sign necklace and then pulled her hair off of her back, revealing a huge black peace sign. Lolz

3.31.08- The next day of the cruise, I woke up in such a good mood because I fell asleep to an array of great music including:

Snow patrol- shut your eyes
Willy Madison-save myself
Beastie boys- off the grid
The polyphonic spree- running away(lyrics)
Rooney-when did your heart go missing
Matt costa- Mr. Pitiful
Ryan Adams-halloweenhead
Tegan and sarah- back in your head
Jack Johnson-if I had eyes
Graham colton-best of tonight
Nada surf- whose authority
Blake Lewis- break anotha
1997- garden of evil
White stripes- you don't know what love is

And because we had officially landed in the Bahamas. Luckily for me I went to the shopping ashore program the night before and knew where NOT to go, to avoid getting ripped off like the typical tourist. This day totally more memorable than the day before. I got hella pictures of the ocean and myself on the ocean, which a couple should be on this entry(just phone pictures). I went shopping in freeport and got the loveliest dress, a tye dye shirt, hand made jewelry, a patchwork purse, and jars of ocean water. All over price coming to about 200 bucks. Guh. The taxi ride to freeport and the beach was quite the experience. Since the Bahamas are in Britian, thus 'the British Isles' everyone drives on opposite sides of the road. Its a hard concept to grasp and extremely scary when you're making a left hand turn into on coming traffic because you insinctly think left hand turns must be clear both ways, Ha. The beach in freeport was beyond incredible! I got totally burnt and had a full head on beach hair upon leaving. The beach was full of nice, friendly people and I legally bought my first alcholic drink. It consisted of vodka, blackberry and pineaple juices and had a mango-ish taste to it. My mom bought one too, because she liked mine so much.

4.1.08- woke up in Nassau, Bahamas; home of Atlantis/paradise island. This was the main day of the trip, and might I add, that everything went swimmingly(yes, this was meant to be a pun). We started off the day by taking a taxi to cabbage beach, the beach recommended by the bohemians themselves. It ended up being beautiful, as you can see for youself in the pictures. I went into the ocean to try and snorkle and got THRASHED! The waves were of epic proportions, and I got swallowed in one and as I would try and recover from the other would get crushed by the weight of another. It was a battle between myself and the ocean. If I were anyone else I would have been pissed, but I have an endless love for the sea. I went jet skiing after I layed on the beach for a while and was able to get most of the sand out of my mouth. By far, the radest, illest, most thrilling thing I did. Skirting around on the waves, crashing against the water, the mist hitting my cheeks, and wind in my curls was brilliant. I heard "shut up and drive in my head" the entire time though, I must admit. Haha! Then when I returned to my towel on the beach, ironically Damir was at the beach right about my towel. Out of all the vast miles of beach he decided to set his towel right about mine, what are the odds. Since he was my only friend I knew at the beach other than my sisters, who where nowhere to be found we went on a walk and got a couple of pina coladas. Cutely placed in coconut shells, TEE HEE. We chatted for a while then I proceeded back to the ship to get ready for dinner and the mix. At dinner, coincidently Damir was our waiter. Again. Strange. Ha. We decided to go to Atlantis later while we were still on the island and had nothing better to do. We caught a limo to Atlantis and I collected great confusion in my way around the massive building. We got to walk down tunnels while surrounded by sharks, and I actually gambled! Woo! Then we went to the beach and looked for sea shells. I never realized how cold the oceans breeze can be at night. Then I headed back solo to the ship because Damir had a graduation party with his fellow crew members at some bar in downtown nassau and I wasent really game at 3 in the AM. In the entirety of this day, I would like to make it known that I never once realized that it was April fools day. I guess I'm the fool here.

4.2.08- we set sail to come back home, I didn't yet realize how shitty of a thing that actually was. This day technically a day, but not a day. The only good.. Well great thing about the day has to be the fact that my mom got me drunk on mango and melon margaritas. Then I went to see curves, a Broadway musical that was basically a bunch of naked girls and fellas running around on stage. This was an amazing combo, me being drunk and all. I witnessed an ice sculpture be carved, all I can say is if I ever tried that it would be fatal.

3.3.08- back in the states. We docked in port canavral and we followed through with our plans to hit up universal studios. On this day I was, to say the least, miserable. With all of the $700 spent, water rides and rollercoaters I remained an unhappy brat. Walking around in the hot city of Orlando and being constantly pushed and pulled onto rides was just one big blur to me, when all I wanted to do was be back on the Atlantic. Now here I am on my way back to indy, depressed as shit, and writing about how lovely my trip was.

I think this trip couldn't have come at a better time, Damir and I discused this a bit and I think I'm going to skip out on college for a year, go to beauty school, become a cosmetolgist on a cruise ship and travel the world wherever my heart desires. I think it will be good for me.

No comments: