Thursday, October 16, 2008

everything i need, nothing i want

In retrospect as dramatic and slowly and today moved the talk between DiDi and I is still in my head. I like elaborating on things that seem important to me and anytime that I have even a relatively deep conversation with someone I replay it over and over in my head.

Today we were talking about how you can trust no one, and how were both 5 steps ahead of the game, maturity wise, and how were not stupid. Both of us are alike in the sense that we can see right through fake people and don't take any bullshit. I might act stupid, and I might act like I have no clue, the thing is though I always do know. It got me thinking that there are only a few people that I sincerely trust. That I could tell secretive things to, that I could leave my purse around, that I could even trust to put effort into a friendship. I'm completely content to that. The thing about this is that there are three reasons that I may befriend someone: A) because they have similar interests or beliefs B) because they're attractive (not looks) and nice at the same time with no drama (this is rare) C) because they can have a good time or conversations with me. Generally I try to have all three of these in a friend which makes it difficult to have an obscene amount of friends. DiDi and I are exactly the same in this sense which just makes me love her more.

I don't hold myself on some holy pedestal by any means. I just can only hope that my expectations never fade. It seems to be working for me.

No comments: